Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's not all about me - 25 days to 35 - Donating to a relief effort

Let’s be honest, the act of even writing a blog is pretty self-centered. Why would I think people would want to read about me?? But truth be told, I think we are all a bit self-centered. We get wrapped up in our own problems, forgetting how small and inconsequential we really are in the grand scheme of things. Until something like the Haiti earthquake happens. And then we remember. .


So today, for my activity, rather than thinking about how awful it is and how badly I feel for those victims (like I did with Hurricane Katrina), I wanted to do something. For the first time in my life, I wanted to actually DO something for people suffering in a situation so traumatic, so devastating. So I made my first charitable contribution today. I'm not rich by any means so I gave what I could. Because I just wanted to do SOMETHING....something to show that, even though I am in my own little world, I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment