Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Paying it "backward" - 33 Days til 35

So today's "activity"....paying for the order of the person behind me in the drive thru. I was actually really looking forward to this activity. I got the idea a few months ago when it happened to me. I was driving on my way out of town and, for once, was not in a hurry and overcome with road rage. As I sat in the Sonic drive thru, a woman came from the wrong direction wanting to get in the line and, of course, blocked the entrance from the road. I went ahead and let her slip in before me, no big deal. So I ordered my strawberry limeade (FYI if you havent had it, you MUST try it...DIVINE!!) and pulled up to pay, and the confused teenager at the window said "The lady in front of you paid for your order." I was so pleasantly surprised! No one does that kind of thing anymore! So when I decided to do this 35 to 35 thing, I knew I wanted add this to my list.

So today, I decided on Wendy's for lunch (NOT on my diet, but whatever). I pulled into the drive thru and an SUV with two teenage girls in it pulled behind me. I paid for my order and theirs and pulled out. As I was sitting at the exit waiting to pull back on the road, the girls pulled out and i saw the passenger straining to see my face...I'm sure wondering who in the world would pay for a stranger's meal...and I have to say, it made me feel REALLY good. They will never know who I am, and may never pass the favor on to someone else, but for today, I got to put some good "juju" out in the world. :-)

1 comment:

  1. and good for teens to see/do-ESP if they were teens who didn't 'look like you do'. it helps people see one another in different ways. Good job Cha! It's not not something I've done or had done, but I need to put it on my list as well. Esp. in the spirit of putting something good back into the world!

    ReplyDelete